Courtney Carter is Associate Director of Diversity & Inclusion at Jenner & Block LLP.
Courtney Carter is the Associate Director of Diversity & Inclusion for Jenner & Block. In this role, Courtney leads the firm’s efforts to recruit, retain, develop and advance diverse lawyers. Courtney works closely with the firm’s Chief Talent Officer and Recruiting department to develop a holistic approach to talent management and development that specifically considers and implements programs for the firm/s diverse lawyers.
Courtney received her J.D. from the University of Virginia Law School and her L.L.M from American University’s Washington College of Law. Courtney began her career as an associate at Balch & Bingham LLP. Prior to joining Jenner & Block, she worked as the Director of Innovative Initiatives at Diversity Lab, where she assisted with the implementation and management of the OnRamp Fellowship and the Women in Law Hackathon. Courtney is an active member of the National Association of Law Placement (NALP), the Association of Law Firm Diversity Professionals (ALFDP), and the Washington Area Legal Recruitment Administrators Association (WALRAA).
Recent speaking engagements:
- “How to Support Diverse Lawyers,” Association of Law Firm Diversity Professionals Conference, November 2018.
- “How to Use Diversity Data and Numbers to Change the Workplace,” Corporate Counsel Women of Color Conference, October 2018.
- “How to Navigate Generational Shift and Manage Millennials in the Workforce,” ALM Legal Week Conference, January 2018.
- "Recruiting and Retraining Millennial Attorneys of Color" NALP Annual Education Conference, April 2017.
- “Groundbreaking Research on the Behaviors, Attitudes, and Skills of Successful Women Lawyers,” NALP Annual Education Conference, April 2015.