Appropriate for grades 6-12
The Youth Act® curriculum develops in young people the knowledge and skills needed to advocate for meaningful change in their communities.
Youth Act® guides participants step-by-step through the advocacy process:
- Identify a public policy issue
- Become an expert on the issue
- Set an advocacy goal
- Reach decision-makers, recruit allies, and identify roadblocks
- Identify and implement advocacy strategies
- Work the media
- Assess your progress and impact
Youth Act is currently not available for sale to individuals.
The curriculum is available as part of a custom-designed program solution for schools, community-based organizations, corporations, and law firms. To learn more about this option, please contact Judy Zimmer.