The participants share selected information about the subject with other classmates. This method is good for building participant interest when introducing a unit or summarizing the points learned when ending a unit.
- Prepare fact cards or strips. Put a fact about the lesson on a 3" x 5" card or a strip of paper, one per participant.
- Distribute one card to each participant.
- Each participant should spend a few minutes reading the information on the card. The teacher should circulate the room and check that participants understand the information they have received.
- Tell the participants to circulate around the room and teach their fact to one person at a time, until they have spoken to every person.
- Participants may talk with only one participant at a time. The object is to share a fact and learn one from the other participant.
- When participants have completed the activity, ask participants to share something they learned from another participant with the class.